CA stands for Chartered Accountant. It is a professional designation in the field of finance. A charted accountant is a highly qualified professional who has expertise in taxation, audit and management of financial issues. They are hired for all type of organizations such as private firms, public sector companies or governments bodies.
Chartered accountants are members of national professional accounting bodies in their countries. In India, the Institute of Charted Accountants of India (ICAI) is the national professional accounting body which regulates the profession of Cost and Management Accountancy.
CA: Chartered Accountant
Work of a CA
A chartered accountant works in the field of finance and business. He provides professional advice to the firm on financial matters. Some of the important tasks that a CA performs in a firm are listed below:
- Regular review of financial statements and analysis of risk
- Conducting financial audit to verify the financial position of the firm
- Prepare and maintain accounting statements
- Forensic accounting which involves detecting and preventing fraud
- Provide financial advice related to tax planning, business transactions, insolvency, merger and joint venture.