BA stands for Bachelor of Arts. It is a bachelor degree program that refers to an undergraduate course of study. The course is chosen by the students who wish to pursue arts after passing the high school. The duration of this undergraduate course is usually three years which may vary on the basis of features and components of the field of study.
The course is available in almost every country in the world like India, Japan, Canada, Thailand, Philippines, South Korea, the UK, the US, etc. In India, its duration is three year, but in some countries like Canada, Bangladesh and Japan, it is a four-year course.
BA: Bachelor of Arts
In this course out of a number of subjects, a BA student is required to choose only five subjects for the course. BA subjects usually include English, math, sociology, geography, education, economics, history, philosophy, home science and social work.
BA graduates have the opportunity to choose subjects from a wide of range of subjects offered in this course. It enables the students to pursue multiple career options. They can get employment in both private and public sectors. In the private sector, they can work in BPOs, public relations firms, consultancies, journalism, etc. In the public sector, they can work in railways, banks, PSUs, army, etc.
Popular BA Courses in India
- Bachelor of Arts in History
- Bachelor of Arts in Geography
- Bachelor of Arts in Economics
- Bachelor of Arts in Philosophy
- Bachelor of Arts in Political Science
- Bachelor of Arts in Physical Education
- Bachelor of Arts in Social Science
- Bachelor of Arts in Sociology
- Bachelor of Arts in Yoga
- Bachelor of Arts in Public Administration
Popular BA Colleges in India
- St. Xavier’s College, Mumbai
- Presidency College, Kolkata
- Loyola College, Chennai
- St. Stephen’s College, Delhi
- Lady Shree Ram College for Women, Delhi
- Hans Raj College, Delhi
- Christ College, Bangalore
- Symbiosis College, Pune
- Sophia College for Women, Mumbai
- St. Xavier’s College, Ahmedabad