The Guest Mode feature in Chromecast lets any of your guests to cast videos to the larger display of the Home Television, without even being connected to your Home WiFi Network. Let’s review of How to Setup and use Guest Mode on Chromecast.
Guest Mode on Chromecast
Google Chromecast originally required Guests to connect to your home Wi-Fi Network to be able to cast videos from their mobile devices to the larger screen of your TV.
Now Google has improved its Chromecast Guest Mode more secure and efficient by allowing everyone in the same space to cast videos and photos onto the television’s screen and not actually connected to your home WiFi network.
So, your guests can send their most loved videos to everyone else in the room by using their mobile phones, without the hassle of connecting to the Home WiFi Network.
NOTE: The Mobile device of your guest needs to be connected to a mobile plan or connected to internet using a different WiFi network to use the Guest Mode for Chromecast. Chromecast device.
The way that Chromecast Guest Mode Functions
When you switch on the Guest Mode on your Chromecast it emits a specific WiFi beacon. This beacon is identified from the guest mobile device every time YouTube or another Chromecast enabled application is being played in the guest mobile device.
Therefore, when your guests start the Chromecast Enabled App from their mobile device the WiFi beacon generated from your Chromecast is identified on your Guest Mobile device, and they can see the Cast icon on their mobile devices.
When you tap on the icon for Cast, your guests can select a nearby Device (Your TV) to send the video to.
After your Chromecast detects a device nearby trying to connect the device generates a 4-digit PIN, and attempts to send it to the device nearby with the help of Inaudible Audio Tones.
If this Audio-Tone pairing fails your guest will need to enter the 4-digit PIN that is it appears on the TV’s screen.
Install Guest Mode and set it up on Chromecast
The steps are below for setting up Guest Mode on your Chromecast.
1. Open the Google Home app on your iPhone or Android Phone
2. Next tap on the Devices icon that is located in the upper right-hand part of the screen (See the image below)
3. On the next screen, click on the three dots-menu icon next to the name for your Chromecast (See below for an example)
4. Next, tap on Guest Mode from the drop-down menu. (See the image below)
5. On the next screen, toggle Guest Mode by shifting the toggle to ON position.
Now, you’re ready to allow your guests to cast any thing to the large screen of your home TV by using their smartphones.
Utilize Guest Mode on Chromecast
The use of Guest Mode using the iPhone as well as an Android Phone is simple. Request your guests to launch YouTube (or the other Chromecast enabled app) on their mobile devices and then tap the Cast icon , which will appear on right at the very top.
1. Open YouTube or any other Chromecast enabled application for either an iPhone or Android phone.
2. Next, tap on the icon for Cast (See the image below)
3. In the popup that appears, tap near by Device to cast to.
4. Wait for Chromecast to connect to your device. Like we said, Chromecast will first try to use audible audio for connection to the Guest device. If the audio pairing fails, the Guest will have to enter a four-digit PIN which will appear in the display of your Television (See the image below)
When you have entered the correct pin Once you have entered the correct pin, your Chromecast will be connected to your guest’s mobile Phone and allow the guest to cast videos on your iPhone and Android Phone to the screen of your Home Television.
Notification: As mentioned above Guest Phones are not compatible with HTML0. Guest Phone needs to have an active data plan on cellular or connect to a different WiFi network.