Windows Defender Firewall makes it simple to block harmful programs from accessing the network resources of your computer. In addition, you can unblock programs in Windows Firewall, in case you notice that a specific application is blocked unnecessarily.
Block and Unblock Programs in Windows Firewall
If you try to run any program on your computer , you might be confronted with a message telling you that the application you are trying to run has been stopped by the Firewall on your system.
If the program you’re trying to open is legitimate and you wish to open it, you’ll have to remove the program from Windows Firewall.
In the event that you encounter an unidentified or potentially dangerous program, you can stop the software from accessing network resources from your computer with Windows Defender Firewall.
Steps to Block or Unblock Programs in Windows Firewall
Follow the steps below to block or unblock Programs within Windows Firewall.
1. Open the Control Panel on your PC.
2. On the Control Panel screen, ensure that you’re on the “Category” View and click on System and Security .
3. On the System and Security screen, select the Allow an App to access Windows Firewall option located under Windows Defender Firewall section.
4. On the next screen, uncheck the box next to the program you wish to block on Windows Firewall.
NOTE: Checking the box permits the program to connect to the network resources of your computer.
5. If the program you wish to unblock or block isn’t listed, then click the Allow another application… click.
6. Next, choose the program or application from the list , and then click Add. If the program you want to add is not available, click the Browse button, and then select the program’s place on your computer.